This week, a makeup group I'm in on Facebook is doing a dramatic makeup challenge. It's not a competition, just a fun way to break out from our normal makeup routines and do something crazy and fun. I ended up doing a smokey eye because I was having some technical difficulties with the cut crease I was initially going for. Does anyone else ever have those days, where you end up redoing your makeup like six times because it's not quite right? Anyway, onto the look!
Darling Girl Cosmetics Primped & Primed
Darling Girl Cosmetics Glitter Glue
Sigma Beauty Paris Palette
Urban Decay Eye Shadow in Walk of Shame
Urban Decay 24/7 Liquid Eye Liner in Perversion
Sigma Beauty Extended Wear Eye Liner in Electrify
Benefit They're Real Mascara
Clinique Bottom Lash Mascara
Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Wiz Brow Pencil in Brunette
Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Genius Brow Powder in Medium Brown
Anastasia Beverly Hills Clear Brow Gel
HOW TO APPLY:
1. Prime your lids with Primped & Primed, followed by a thin layer of Glitter Glue.
2. Apply Walk of Shame from the crease up to the brow.
3. Using the Paris Palette, pat the shade Eiffel all over the lid and just slightly into the crease.
4. Using a blending brush, apply Seine from the Paris Palette into the crease and up towards the brow bone, blending with Walk of Shame.
5. Line the upper lash line with Perversion in a winged cat eye shape, then pat a little of Eiffel over top to make the liner appear more smokey. Alternatively, you could just use a matte gel liner instead of the liquid, but I don't currently own one.
6. Line the lower lash line with the Electrify pencil and smudge it out a bit using Seine. Use a little Walk of Shame to blend out the edges to soften them a bit. Make sure that the lower lash line connects with the winged liner on top.
7. Curl your lashes and apply two coats of mascara. Also apply a coat of mascara to the bottom lashes.
8. Fill in your brows.
9. You're done!