Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Sugar Skull Minerals - Review and Swatches

Hello everyone, long time no see! Sorry I've been gone for so long, I've been having a hard time finding the time to sit down and blog lately. :(

Today I have an exciting post for you full of swatches of some super pretty eye shadows and blushes! They are all from the indie cosmetics company Sugar Skull Minerals! The owner, Vicki, was kind enough to send me some samples to review for you guys. I have a few swatches to show you of eye shadows and blushes that are currently available for purchase, as well as swatches of the upcoming Pool Party collection that is currently available for pre-order from the Sugar Skull Minerals Etsy page, which you can find here. I also have some looks to share with you using my new pretties. :)

First off, let me start by saying that I totally was not able to capture how awesome all of these eye shadows are in person. They are all so rich and pigmented and full of gorgeous sparkle. Even the blushes are smooth and pigmented! I can honestly say that there was not a single dud in the selection of samples I received.

Let's get on to showcasing these gorgeous products!!


First up are the selection of shadows that are currently available for purchase at this moment. From left to right: Ego, Blueberry Stud Muffin, Hustler, Indian Summer, and Whisper.


And here we have the Pool Party collection, available for pre-order. Piña Colada, Beach Ball, Margarita, Deep End, Cannonball, Marco Polo, and Bikini. I could not capture how bright all of these shades are, they really do scream sunmmer pool party!!



Last up are the blush swatches. The first shade, Ginger is a currently available shade. The next two, Sun Kissed and Sunburnt, are part of the soon to be released Pool Party collection. 

Here are a couple looks I put together with these lovely shadows!



For this look I am only wearing Indian Summer. I applied it dry to the crease, and over Darling Girl Cosmetics Glitter Glue on the lid.




This look is done with shades from the Pool Party collection. I have Margarita and Beach Ball on the lid, Marco Polo as my transition shade, Cannonball as my main crease color, with just a bit of Deep End right in the socket.


I hope you enjoyed this post today! I can say that I have already gone ahead and pre-ordered the Pool Party set and will be anxiously awaiting it's arrival in July!! Have any of you ever tried Sugar Skull Minerals? 

No comments:

Post a Comment