Sunday, December 15, 2013

The Perfect Palette Tag!

I've been interested in doing this tag for a while after seeing several videos on YouTube, but I'm just now getting around to doing it. Shame on me, I know. I'm just going to talk about the palettes and not provide pictures. Since my internet connection has been incredibly slow lately, I'm having a hard time getting pictures to load up.  Let's get this tag started!

  • 1. Best Packaging?
    • The Urban Decay Vice 2 Palette. I absolutely love the purple almost floraly/tie-dye pattern on the outside. The palette itself has a huge mirror that you can actually get some use out of because when you open the palette, the back stays upright, rather than opening all the way up like most palettes. I myself haven't used the mirror, because I usually use my lighted mirror, but I can see myself getting use out of it if I ever decided to travel with it. 
  • 2. Best Color Payoff?
    • I'm going to be bad here and not just pick one, because hey, every freaking Sugarpill palette is super pigmented. I mean seriously, there are no duds in any of the Sugarpill palettes. Super bright awesome colors that go on smooth and blend well. What more could you ask for?
  • 3. Most Versatile?
    • There are a few palettes that I could choose for this, but I'm going to go with the Anastasia Beverly Hills Catwalk Palette. It has the perfect range of shades to create subtle soft looks or a dramatic smokey eye. I love that it includes three matte shades that can be used to tie any look together.
  • 4. Best for Travelling?
    • The Urban Decay Naked Basics Palette. This can't really be too much of a surprise, can it? The compact size is easy to pack and basic matte neutrals can be paired with virtually anything. You can keep your look light, or go dramatic all with this one palette. Not that any makeup addict is really going to pack just one palette to travel though, haha!
  • 5. Biggest Regret?
    • One of those generic 88 pan palettes that you can get from Coastal Scents, BH Cosmetics, Crown Brush, etc. It can be a really great palette for beginners, but when you have a stash including more high quality products, it can't keep up. The palette itself was of decent quality, I just found myself reaching for other palettes with more pigmentation. Don't worry, the palette found a new home where hopefully it is getting more love than what I was giving it.
  • 6. Best Color Names?
    • The Sigma Beauty Creme de Couture palette. All the shades and their names are inspired by macarons, how cute! I love when palettes or eye shadow collections have themes. 
  • 7. Least Used?
    • Any of my Makeup Academy palettes. I really don't even have a good reason as to why I don't use them. They really are lovely palettes, and the prices can't be beat for what you get. I think I may need to set a few of these palettes out on my makeup desk so I remember to give them some love.
  • Most Used, Most Loved, Desert Island?
    • I really can't pick just one, so for this I'm going to have to say all three Urban Decay Naked Palettes. The quality is awesome, they all have a great range of shades, and you don't need to think too hard about how to pair the shades together. Really, you could just pull out one of these palettes and just randomly slap a few shades on and it will look great. I reach for my Naked palettes whenever I'm having a creative block, or on those days when I get up late for work. I think everyone needs a palette like these in their collection! 

Hope you liked this quick little tag. Leave me a comment with any tags you'd like to see me do in the future (no videos for now.) :)

No comments:

Post a Comment