Thursday, December 5, 2013

Illamasqua Mystery Selection Unboxing!

Yesterday I used my Sephora VIB $20 reward card to purchase the Illamasqua Mystery Selection Box. I've always wanted to try some Illamasqua products and figured this would be a good way to try a variety of different items at a good price. The shipping was incredibly fast: I ordered at 8 AM yesterday, received a tracking number by noon, and the package arrived today! It pays to live somewhat near a Sephora warehouse, haha. Onto the unboxing!



Sephora offers two different Mystery Selection boxes. The one I chose includes a nail varnish, two sheer lip glosses, a medium pencil, a powder eye shadow, and a cream pigment. Each box contains the same nail varnish color, Milf, and Lily Rose for one of the lip glosses. The shades of the other products are a surprise!


Nail Varnish in Milf - described as a bright mint crème/ glossy finish on the Sephora website. I can definitely see this being a springtime polish for me.


Sheer Lipgloss in Lily Rose - described as a warm raspberry pink. I immediately tried this on and so far I'm liking it. I'm not really a lipgloss girl, but this may become an exception. The color is so pretty and it has a pleasant scent. The texture is not at all sticky, almost more of a squishy feel, like jelly.


Sheer Lipgloss in Torture -  also described as a warm raspberry pink? What the heck, Sephora? I'd say this is more of a coral color. I haven't tried this one on yet, but I'm liking the color in the tube and it has the same scent as Lily Rose.


Medium Pencil in Elate - currently not listed on the Sephora website, this is just a pure white pencil that can be used anywhere on the face. It would probably be nice to brighten the waterline, but my eyeballs want no parts of that, haha. I'm sure I'll find a good use for it. Swatched, the color went on evenly and easily, without tugging the skin.


Powder Eyeshadow in Inception - described as a matte violet. I'm pretty excited about this, I'm a big fan of purple...I don't use it nearly enough. This shadow might change that! Swatched, the color went on smoothly and evenly, but the true test will be how it blends on the eyes. Mattes can be tricky, especially purples. I'll probably follow up on this in another post.


Cream Pigment in Bedaub - described as a matte mint green. This is gorgeous! It is the perfect shade of mint, and swatched it is very pigmented and creamy. Again, this one will require some testing on the eye to determine if it will crease. I really hope it doesn't because the color is so lovely.


Overall, I'm pretty pleased with the contents of my box. I really can't wait to test out the powder shadow and cream pigment. I think more brands should offer mystery boxes; this is a great idea, and who doesn't love surprises? Would you ever purchase a mystery box of makeup?





























No comments:

Post a Comment